Use of the Library’s Wi-Fi signal is a privilege, and patrons must accept the following terms to access that signal. Inappropriate use will result in a cancellation of this privilege.
- The Library does not limit access to sites on the Internet nor to information that may be considered controversial or offensive by some. Library staff cannot maintain constant monitoring of Internet use and has no control over the information available through the Internet.
- Parents or guardians must monitor and supervise their children's use of the Internet.
- Users must agree not to participate in abusive or illegal activity while using the Library’s internet service. Illegal acts are also subject to prosecution by local, state or federal authorities.
- Understand that communication over the network is not secure and that use of the wireless network is entirely at the risk of the user. While some filtering is present on the wireless network to protect your connected device from malware, the Library disclaims all liability for the safety of users’ equipment or the loss of confidential information or damages resulting from that loss. The Library highly recommends the installation of protective software such as antivirus, antispyware and a firewall.
- Agree to configure your own equipment. Staff cannot troubleshoot your equipment, and the Library cannot guarantee that your equipment will work with the Library’s network.
- Wireless printing is available at the Library for $0.10/page. Wireless printing is also available at the Library Techmobile for free, with a limit of five pages per day per patron.