Located 60 miles north of Los Angeles lies a land of opportunity designed especially
for those involved in global commerce: The Palmdale Foreign-Trade Zone. Properties
with a Foreign-Trade Zone designation offer international traders, large and small,
outstanding opportunities to take advantage of all that Los Angeles has to offer
at an affordable price.
The Palmdale Foreign-Trade Zone offers the following significant benefits:
- Close proximity to the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach.
- Outstanding transportation facilities including modern rail, air and highway connections
to all of California and the rest of the United States.
- Over 1,300 acres of industrial property comprising 50 buildings totaling nearly
1.5 million square feet.
- A skilled and educated workforce comprising over 50,000 people.
- Affordable land and building costs, often 50 percent less than comparable sites
in Los Angeles.
- A one-stop development services center at City Hall, the city's ten specific plan
areas, and the city's Development Advisory Board (DAB), provide a fast-track entitlement
process for development and decrease the amount of time spent acquiring permits
- A cooperative local government that understands the needs of multinational businesses.
Duties are deferred until goods leave the Foreign-Trade Zone, allowing your company
- Improve cash flow while providing faster response to customer needs.
- Add intrinsic value to your goods in the Zone affecting the goods assessed duty
- Manufacture or process imported products within the Zone and choose to pay the duty
rate for either original material or the finished goods, whichever is less.
- Re-export goods to a third country duty-free.
- Exhibit and sample goods to your prospective customers, duty-free.
- Destroy by-products or damaged goods within the Zone and avoid duty liability on
For more information on the Foreign-Trade Zone, please contact City's economic development
department at 661/267-5125.