Palmdale Transportation Center
39000 Clock Tower Plaza Drive, Palmdale, 93550
About the Palmdale Transportation Center
The Palmdale Transportation Center opened in April 2005 providing citizens with a state-of-the-art transportation facility. This regional multi-modal hub offers connections between Antelope Valley Transit Authority local and commuter bus service, Metrolink commuter rail service, Santa Clarita Transit, Greyhound bus service and Amtrak Throughway bus service.
The Clock Tower Plaza at the Palmdale Transportation Center showcases an indoor passenger waiting area complete with concessions, public telephones, comfortable seating, restrooms and security service. Metrolink passengers may also utilize partially enclosed outdoor waiting accommodations on the rail platform. Bus patrons will find eight centrally located bus stops providing convenient connections between regional service providers and local bus routes.
Funding the Palmdale Transportation Center
Several agencies contributed to the project including three grants from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) totaling $5.64 million; $1.3 million of federal funds presented by U.S. Congressman Howard P. "Buck" McKeon. Other significant contributions were provided by Antelope Valley Air Quality Management District, Antelope Valley Transit Authority, Caltrans, County of Los Angeles and the Federal Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century Funds. The total budget for the Palmdale Transportation Center is $14.85 million.
Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA) Local Bus Service
- Local buses run from 6 am to 11 pm on weekdays and 7 am to 7 pm on weekends with a centrally located transfer point at the Palmdale Transportation Center. Contact AVTA for schedule information at 661/945-9445 or visit www.avta.com
Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA) Commuter Service
- Commuter busses run Monday through Friday from 3:45 am to 8 pm. Contact AVTA for schedule information at 661/945-9445 or visit www.avta.com
Santa Clarita Transit
- Contact Santa Clarita Transit for schedule information at 661/294-1BUS (1287) or visit www.santaclaritatransit.com
AMTRAK Throughway Bus Service
- Contact Amtrak for schedule information at 800/USA-RAIL or visit www.amtrak.com
- Contact Greyhound for schedule information at 800/231-2222 or visit www.greyhound.com
- Contact Metrolink for schedule information at 800/371-LINK (5465) or visit www.metrolinktrains.com
County of LA Beach Bus
- The County of Los Angeles Summer Beach Bus provides a shuttle service during the summer months taking passengers from the Antelope Valley to Santa Monica. The service makes runs three days a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Contact the County of Los Angeles for schedule information at 888/769-1122.
Park and Ride Facilities
The Palmdale Transportation Center has ample parking available for passengers using bus transit or commuter rail service, however, the facility is not a designated park and ride lot. Commuters using vanpools or personal carpools are encouraged to use the park and ride facilities at East Avenue S, West Avenue S or Pelona Vista Park.
More info on park and ride facilities.
Hours of Operation
Palmdale Transportation Center Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday: 3 am to Midnight
Saturday and Sunday: 6 am to 10:30 pm
AVTA Pass Sales Hours at the Transportation Center:
The Palmdale Transportation Center no longer offers Pass Sales. Contact AVTA at 661/945-9445 or visit www.avta.com
for pass sales options.
For more information about the Palmdale Transportation Center, please call the City of Palmdale's Department of Public Works at 661/267-5300.