City of Palmdale
Official Web Site
PARKS, RECREATION & SPECIAL EVENTS
Park Reservation Information
*Large groups (50+) desiring to use a picnic pavilion at another park site must submit a Notification of Use form to the parks and recreation office. This serves as notification to the parks and recreation department; however, an area is not reserved for your use.
- Desert Sands Park has picnic pavilions available for reservations.*
- Desert Sands Park pavilion will accommodate approximately 200 people and has four barbecue grills.
- Fee: $38-$50/hour based on group size
- Electricity is available only at the Desert Sands Park Pavilion for an additional $13/hour.
- Bounce tents are not allowed on City property.
Park Open Space Fees
- Park Open Space Fees are applied according to the size of the area required for your rental. The fees are as follows:
- 60'x 60' or less is $22/hr.
- 90'x 90' is $28/hr.
- 150'x 150' is $39/hr.
- 300'x 300' is $79/hr.
- Refundable security deposit of $200 is required once application is approved.
Park Site Rooms
- Classrooms are available at Marie Kerr Park Recreation Center. The recreation center has three classrooms that will accommodate 35-45 people per room. The fee is $38/hour and includes tables and chairs.
McAdam Park Stage
- The fee to use the cement stage is $46/hour.
- Electricity is available for an additional $13/hour.
- A special event area may be reserved, which includes the cement stage, three picnic pavilions and 2.5-acre play field for $141/hour. The Parks and Recreation Manager must preapprove events. The event host must also fulfill additional requirements, please call for complete information.
- The Parks and Recreation Manager must preapprove use of amplified sound.
- Basketball courts may be reserved at $19/hour per court, $24/hour per court with lights.
- Volleyball courts may be reserved at $16/hour per court, $23/hour per court with lights.
- Tennis courts may be reserved at $16/hour for one court, plus $6/hour for each additional court. Tennis court rentals with lights are $21/hour for one court, $10/hour for each additional court.
- Softball fields, soccer fields and roller hockey rinks are available for reservation. Please contact the parks and recreation sports division at 661/267-5611.
Larry Chimbole Cultural Center and Poncitlán Square
Palmdale Oasis Park Center
A refundable security deposit is due once your application has received written approval. The security deposit is $130 for the picnic pavilion at Desert Sands Park and classrooms at Marie Kerr Park Recreation Center; $200 for the stage at McAdam Park.
The deposit will be refunded if the facility or picnic area incurs no damage and is left clean. Deposits are returned to the applicant within four to six weeks.
- An Application & Agreement for Permit to Use Park Facilities must be submitted to the parks and recreation office to reserve a park facility. Submit this form a minimum of two weeks prior to the dates requested for use. To reserve a facility or park site, please visit the parks and recreation office or call 661/267-5611 during normal business hours.
- The balance of the hourly reservation fees are due ten days prior to use. Notify the parks and recreation office ten days in advance to cancel use.
- A Combined Single Limit Liability Insurance Certificate in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) limit on a per occurrence basis and two million dollars ($2,000,000) General Aggregate limit is required for permission to use City of Palmdale facilities. This insurance must cover the person or organization renting the facility and name the City of Palmdale, the City of Palmdale Community Redevelopment Agency, the Palmdale Civic Authority, Housing Authority, Airport Authority, Industrial Development Authority, their officers, agents, employees and volunteers are named as additional insured. Insurance certificates can be purchased from parks and recreation during normal business hours, or from a private insurance carrier.
- Amplified sound, including bands, disc jockeys and amplified microphones, is prohibited on most park sites and facilities, and requires preapproval from the Parks and Recreation Manager.
- Solicitation of goods or services is prohibited on park property. Literature may be given to park patrons who request a copy.
Non-resident Fee for Use of Facilities
- A fee will be assessed to profit and not-for-profit non-Palmdale residents, groups, businesses, organizations and government agencies.
- Non-residents are those residing outside postal zip codes 93550, 93551 and 93552.
- The non-resident fee is an amount added to the total sum for use of facilities and/or equipment, and is calculated as follows:
- 25% of sum totaling $199 or less
- 15% of sum totaling $200-$499
- 10% of sum totaling $500 or more
- The non-resident fee may be reduced or waived if the applicant can demonstrate that citizens of the City of Palmdale benefit from the use of facilities or services being provided.
Facility Use Application Processing Fee for Large-scale Events
- A $250 fee may be charged for staff services required to process a Facility Use Application for special events or uses. The amount may be increased or decreased depending on the scope of the event.
- The fee will be determined upon initial review of the application. No fee will be charged for ordinary uses that do not require staff involvement.
- The fee of $250 or higher will be charged if the proposed event or use involves coordination with other agencies, i.e., Sheriff's and Fire departments or other City departments such as Planning, Public Works, Public Safety, City Attorney, etc.
- The fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee approval of the application.
En Español/Other Languages: