Administrative Services provides oversight and support for the following City operations:
- Records management
Administrative Services also leads the City’s emergency operations planning and response, and developing and implementing community programs that support volunteer mobilization, housing assistance, food and shelter, and other community engagement efforts.
Finance is responsible for managing the City's financial affairs, including:
- Accounts payable
- Budget development and oversight
- Debt management
- Grant accounting
- Long-range financial planning
The City Clerk facilitates legislative processes for the City, coordinates with the County of Los Angeles to conduct City elections, and maintains the City's records.
Community Programs provides residents the opportunity to engage with their City and use their talents in a variety of programs and activities including:
- City Volunteer Opportunities
- Palmdale Partners Academy
- Palmdale Works! Youth Job Academy
- Community Service Days
- South Antelope Valley Emergency Services (SAVES)
In addition, Community Programs administers a variety of resources to address community needs:
- Community Development Block Grant Funding (CDBG)
- HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing (HPRP)
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program (TBRA)
Emergency Management is responsible for leading the City’s efforts to prepare for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate natural and human-made disasters.