Planning Commission Vacancies
There are no vacancies at this time
The Planning Commission approves or makes recommendations on land development proposals and environmental findings; ensures the Capital Improvement Program is consistent with the General Plan; makes recommendations on maintaining land use regulations through zoning ordinance amendments, zone changes, and General Plan amendments; and makes recommendations to the City Council on land use and environmental policies and programs.
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Council Chamber, 38300 Sierra Highway, Suite B.
Agendas & Minutes
The agenda and related items are posted on the Thursday afternoon prior to the regular Planning Commission meeting. They are also available in the Development Services, Administration, Parks and Recreation, and City Library.
Public Attendance at Meetings
As a result of the COVID-19 virus and the Safer at Home orders issued by the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health and the State of California, the public will not be permitted to physically attend public meetings until further notice.
Residents who wish to comment on agenda items may do so using the new eComment feature.
How to Submit Public Comments through eComments
- Find the meeting you wish to comment on under “Upcoming Events” located below, and click on the eComment link of your selected meeting. On mobile devices, you may need to swipe left to see the eComment link.
- Scroll through the agenda to find the item for which you would like to provide a comment, and select that item to input your comments.
- Enter your comment in the field provided. You may comment as a guest, or as yourself through your SpeakUp Palmdale account.
- To sign up for an account, please visit SpeakUp Palmdale, and follow the onscreen instructions.
eComments will be able to be submitted up until one hour before the meeting starts. All public comments submitted digitally will become part of the official meeting record.
The City Council is making every effort to follow the spirit and intent of the Brown Act and other applicable laws regulating the conduct of public meetings in order to maximize transparency and public access. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, please call the City Clerk’s Office at (661) 267-5151 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
|Stacia Nemeth||Chair||District 3||Email Stacia Nemeth||June 2021|
|Bart Avery||Vice Chair||At Large||Email Bart Avery||June 2021|
|Christina Fraga-Saenz||Commissioner||District 1||Email Christina Fraga-Saenz||June 2022|
|Dean Henderson||Commissioner||District 2||Email Dean Henderson||June 2022|
|V. Jesse Smith||Commissioner||District 4||Email V. Jesse Smith||June 2022|
- The Planning Commission is made up of five members
- Four are appointed from districts and one is appointed at large
- Planning commissioners serve a two-year term and receive $100 compensation per meeting attended.