City Council Meetings
Regular City Council meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month. January and July regular meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month. When a regular City Council meeting falls on a national or state holiday and City offices are scheduled to be closed, the meeting is not held and is deemed adjourned for all purposes. All other Authority meetings are called as needed.
Public Attendance at Meetings
As a result of the COVID-19 emergency, and resulting orders and direction from the President of the United States, the Governor of the State of California, and the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health, as well as the City of Palmdale emergency declaration, social distancing guidelines must be followed by all who physically attend the City Council meeting. Councilmembers may choose to participate via conference call.
How to Submit Public Comments
- Go to the Agendas & Minutes webpage at https://cityofpalmdale.org/310/City-Council-Meetings and find this meeting under Upcoming Events;
- Click on the eComment button
- Scroll through the agenda to find the agenda item for which you would like to provide a comment and submit your comment.
In-Person Public Comments
To comply with Los Angeles County Health orders, members of the public will be allowed to enter the Council Chambers one at a time to provide public comment.
A three-minute time limit will be imposed on all speakers other than staff members. To make your public comments, please follow the steps below:
- Members of the public will wait outside until the designated public comment period; seating will be provided and the meeting audio will be broadcast
- You will have your temperature taken prior to entering the Council Chambers, you must wear face coverings and adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Wait in the designated seating area until you are called to speak.
- Once you have addressed the Council, you will be asked to return to the designated seating area.
In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, please do not attend the meeting if you are sick or experiencing any symptoms.
The City Council is making every effort to follow the spirit and intent of the Brown Act and other applicable laws regulating the conduct of public meetings in order to maximize transparency and public access. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, please call the City Clerk’s Office at (661) 267-5151 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and related items are available on the Thursday afternoon prior to the meeting. They are also available for review in the City Clerk’s office, Administration, and Palmdale City Library.
All posted minutes, ordinances, and resolutions are unofficial until adopted by the Council or other Authorities/Agencies.
All regular Council meetings are recorded, broadcast on Palmdale 27 TV, and webcast on the City website. Closed session meetings are not recorded.