Due to the recent spike in COVID-19 cases and in the best interests of the safety of the public and employees, beginning Wednesday, Jan. 5, City of Palmdale offices will be open by appointment only until further notice.
Individuals may call 267-5100 or email email@example.com to set an appointment or to be directed to a department for assistance. The following departments will be taking appointments:
- Public Works
- Building & Safety
- Business License
- Neighborhood Services
- Parks & Recreation
- City Clerk
- Human Resources
- Administrative Services
- Community Programs
South Antelope Valley Emergency Services (SAVES) will continue to provide critical food resources to residents. Food distribution is Tuesdays and Thursdays except for the first week of January 2022. During that week, food distribution will take place on Wednesday Jan. 5 and Thursday, Jan 6. All distributions are from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Recipients must be in line by 3:30 pm. During this time, SAVES will not be accepting community volunteers or court referrals.
The City strongly advises the following practices to help maintain good health:
• Get vaccinated. Free vaccines and boosters are available at Palmdale Oasis Recreation Center. Information available at https://cityofpalmdale.org/908/Coronavirus-Information
- Stay home if you feel ill.
• Wash your hands often with soap and hot water.
• Use hand sanitizer
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Limit close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid shaking hands.
• Get a flu shot.