Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
City Clerk Department 38300 Sierra Hwy., Suite C
Palmdale, CA 93550
(661) 267-5151 / Fax: (661) 267-5193
COMPLETE - all blank spaces of the Public Records Request Form. This will facilitate and expedite the processing of your public record(s) request. Please be specific and give as much information as possible to allow the City to locate the requested record(s)
SUBMIT - your completed form by e-mailing, mailing or faxing to the City Clerk at the address, e-mail or fax number listed above.
PLEASE BE PATIENT – The City will make a determination within 10 days from receipt of your request whether the request, in whole or in part, seeks copies of discloseable public record(s) in possession of the City [GC 6253(c)]. Please note that if you are requesting to inspect the record(s), you will be asked to make an appointment to view the documents. If you are requesting copies, an invoice will be sent to you.
Charges for the direct cost of duplication will apply. Please note – Record(s) will be copied upon receipt of payment. If payment is not received within 10 days after invoicing, you may be required to submit a new request. Please see Page 2 for additional information regarding Public Records Request.
Please be as specific as possible, for example, provide the date, time, and type of record(s) being requested. If additional space is needed, please attach a separate page.
I understand that I will be contacted once record(s) have been identified. If duplication costs are involved, an estimated cost will be provided to me. I agree that I will be required to submit payment for duplication costs and postage prior to the production of the requested record(s).
Please note that information contained any Public Records Act request becomes a public record and may be subject to public inspection pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
1. In order to expedite your request, requests for record(s) should be in writing. When completed you may submit your request via mail to: Office of the City Clerk, 38300 Sierra Hwy., Suite C, Palmdale, CA 93550; e-mailed to: email@example.com; or via fax: (661) 267-5193
2. If your request is to inspect rather than receive copies, the responsive Department will contact you to schedule an appointment for the inspection of such record(s). This is necessary to allow time to compile and review documents for compliance within the provisions of the Public Records Act.
3. Requests (inspection and copies) must be for record(s) in the possession of, prepared, owned, used, or retained by the City of Palmdale [GC §6252(e)] and must be for clearly identifiable record(s). City staff is available to assist you in identifying record(s) that are in the Department/City’s possession. The City is not required by law to create a record or list from an existing record. Copies will not be provided if disclosure is exempt in accordance with State law.
4. The City will make every effort to respond to your request in a reasonable time. You will be notified within ten (10) days from the date of your request:
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field